PISMO is the first digital innovation hub located in Sisak Moslavina county with the aim of stronger and successful shift from traditional industries to modern ones. It provides services to companies eager to adopt digital technologies in dominantly traditional industry region. The aim is to create a strong partnership based on trust with a main goal of creating new jobs and strengthen the economy of SMC and Croatia. The core business of PISMO as a DIH is a smart skills build-up – enhancement of existing and creation of new labour force for smart specialization. PISMO will also be partly focused on providing services for metal processing sector. It is expected that Croatian (and SMC) industry of manufacturing of fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipment, will improve its position and competitiveness on the international market.
PISMO is developing and scaling-up its Digital Innovation Hub skills through DIHELP Enhanced-Learning Programme, which provides mentoring and coaching for 30 Digital Innovation Hubs in total length for 9 months. DIHELP aims to develop a coherent, coordinated and sustainable approach to support European industries in all EU Member States at regional level using the concept of Digital innovation Hubs (DIH). Selected DIHs receive training and coaching on business development, financing and innovation management delivered both face-to-face and remotely as a part of the DIH Academy. DIHELP programme is implemented by a consortium that includes the following partners: CARSA (Lead partner), Ecorys, IMProve and Eurada.
The above mentioned is achieved mainly through educations, mentoring and networking.
Educations are held regularly and they aim to help individuals and existing companies to acquire skillset necessary to withstand challenges of digital era. Educations include digital skills for game development and business skills necessary to survive contemporary market challenges.
Mentoring process is carried out by our experts and by people from partner organisations and it provides a valuable source of practical knowledge and experience. Mentors follow client’s first steps towards digitalisation or developing their ideas and lead them throughout entire process.
Networking is enabled through meetings and workshops that are being held with a purpose to connect education participants and existing SMEs with gaming industry and their representatives. In that context expert conferences on digitalization, gaming, marketing and sales opportunities are held.
There are also some other services that supplement our main services to clients: Incubator services which include rent of offices, coworking area and equipment specialized for gaming and other digitally based ideas. Equipment include music and video studio, VR, motion capture studio, photogrammetry studio, 3D printer etc.
Access to local, regional, national and EU funding – PISMO DIH experts offer consulting services to clients by offering them solutions for financing of their ideas. PISMO DIH team has a long-time experience in attracting finances for entrepreneurs.
PISMO DIH operates as a part of Sisak Moslavina County Development agency SI-MO-RA Ltd.
Its partner institutions are Sisak Moslavina County and Zagreb Innovation Center – ZICER. SMC provides financial support to start-ups; Financial and operational support to PISMO; Promotion of PISMO; Networking. ZICER helps with mentoring and network services.
PISMO also has a support from different stakeholders on local, regional and national level:
- Ministry of economy, entrepreneurship and crafts – provided funding for construction and equipment purchase
- Town Novska (local government) – provides financial support to start-ups; operational support to PISMO DIH; promotion of PISMO; Networking
- Public institution “Regional coordinator SMC” - Operational assistance
- Croatian chamber of Commerce Sisak – link to regional SMEs, promotion of PISMO
- Croatian chamber of Crafts Sisak – link to regional crafts, promotion of PISMO
- Faculty of Metallurgy Sisak – providing educations and networking for metal processing sector
- Business incubator PISAK - advisory services, Incubator promotion, networking
- Local development agencies MRAV, NORA and Glina - advisory services, Incubator promotion, networking
- Croatian Gaming Development Cluster - Linking gaming companies and PISMO; event organisation, educations, seminars
- Private gaming organisations InterCorona, Outfit 7 and VR505 – mentoring and networking services, educations